General Service Questions
Event takes place when a user or an owner interacts with the shopping cart for some purpose. For example, events may be considered as user registration, product adding/updating or some other changes on the store.
API2Cart cannot establish real-time synchronization with the store. However, it is feasible to sync with the store periodically (e.g. every 3 minutes) and retrieve all the necessary data in the shortest time possible.
1. Open cPanel and find the FTP Accounts icon.
2. Add an account to allow access to your server via FTP.
Fill in the following fields:
- Login (it is the username for FTP access);
- Password and Password (again) (you can use Password Generator create random passwords);
It is recommended to use strong passwords. The system will show you whether your password is strong enough.
- Directory (it is a root directory for FTP access; it is recommended to change it for public_html);
- Quota (it can be left without any modifications).
After you have filled in all the information necessary, you get something like this:
3. Click on Create FTP Account and have your account created.
We provide a unified API to work with multiple shopping carts and marketplaces. By integrating with our API, you can integrate with different e-Commerce platforms such as Magento, PrestaShop, Bigcommerce, Shopify, OpenCart, Volusion, etc. at the same time, without any need to develop separate integration solutions for each shopping cart.
The integration works the following way - you already have your business logic module which is integrated with API2Cart. Thus, you receive a complex solution which can work with numerous platforms - hosted and self-hosted. You will have to establish connection via connection bridge or provide store access details - and you'll be able to retrieve necessary data and process it with your solution. So, API2Cart is a universal programming interface which will help you optimize eCommerce integration process.
Lately announced, all WooCommerce users are able to upgrade their stores to the new 4.0 version. However, there are profound changes considering orders.
Make sure you have performed WooCommerce upgrade correctly to allow WooCommerce and API2Cart work with your orders properly.
There are two ways to establish WooCommerce upgrade:
- Automated. Just press “Update Now” button and all needed changes will be done correctly.
- Manual. Update all WooCommerce files via your FTP client. In this case, after upload, you have to click “Run Installation” in your admin panel.
Notice that only after that, database version is updated. Otherwise, you won’t be able to view the previously placed orders in WooCommerce itself. And API2Cart will not be able to detect new WooCommerce version, thus work with new orders.
Check the following steps to add API2Cart IPs to whitelist and prevent accidental blocking.
Instruction for WHM (Web Host Manager)
1. Login to WHM (Web Host Manager)
2. Go to Security Center and then Host Access Control.
3. Add IP addresses over the ALL deny line in Host Access.
4. To ensure the IPs won’t be banned by cPHulk, add them to the white list.
5. If there is the CSF plug-in installed, do not forget to add СSF IP to the white list as well.
Instruction for Plesk user:
- Login to Plesk.
- Click Websites & Domains tab at the top.
- Click SQL Whitelist Beta icon.
- Click Add IP, select service and type IP; Click OK.
The list of IPs you need to add:
Many shopping carts have an entity limit in one request. Even if it is said that there is no limitation, you should be careful and not to include too many entities in a single API request since it may negatively affect your system and client’s store performance. It is better to extract data in smaller chunks (4-50 items), what guarantees a correct result.
- BigCommerce limits the number of entities to 250 in a single API request.
- 3DCart has no official limits set but after the various requests test it is recommended not to exceed 100 entities.
- Shopify’s entity limit includes 250 in one request.
- Volusion has no limitation. However, we recommend not to include more than 50-100 entities.
It all depends on the speed of connection and your shopping cart server, as well as the type of shopping cart. For example, the requests for Magento take more time than for the shopping cart like osCommerce. While retrieving data from shopping cart specify the necessary fields in the parameters. This will speed up the process. Do not specify the unnecessary fields, because for some fields additional requests may be sent, which increases the time of data retrieving.
Our developers are constantly improving the service to provide its fast and reliable performance.
API2Cart uses Customer.list API method that help to retrieve following data:
- Customer ID
- Customer Group
- Customer’s e-mail
- Customer First Name
- Customer Last Name
- Time of customer creation
- Time of customer modification
- Customer’s login
- Date of last login
- Customer’s date of birth
- Customer Status
- Customers subscribed for newsletters
- Customer’s Gender (male/female)
- Link to use website
- Customer’s fax number
- Customer’s Company
- Customer’s phone number
- Customer’s Address Book
This method also includes the fields that were created in the shopping cart backend (admin section) and the specific fields, which are set for this shopping cart by default.
API2Cart constantly improves its services, so we expect to deliver you all the required methods in the near future. Please contact us in order to request necessary functionality.
Connection Bridge file is what helps API2Cart users connect stores which are based on open-source shopping platforms like Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and CS-Cart. API2Cart API works directly with databases of such type of shopping platforms via a bridge file. Read more.
We use the minimum of code in our bridge files. Running SQL queries allows us to retrieve the data directly without running all the shopping cart code. What is more, the bridge allows us to work with the data that is not available via the platform’s API.
Benefits of the Connection Bridge:
- Low server load, because all data is proceeded on our side.
- Flexibility, as we can add new methods without updating the bridge.
This special access gateway is secured by the unique token for safe data processing. To add a store to your API2Cart account you have to set up Connection Bridge to enable data interaction.
There are two ways you can connect Bridge file:
1. Manually download the Bridge to your computer. It will be stored in zip file named “bridge.zip”. Extract the file. It will contain “bridge2cart” folder. Upload it to the store’s root folder via FTP client (WinSCP, FileFTP, FileZilla, CuteFTP, etc.)
If needed, bridge file can be stored in any folder on server, but in that case you’ll need to use parameters bridge_url (the full http url for a bridge) and store_root (absolute server path to the store root folder).
If the bridge folder is contained in the store root folder, then you don’t need to specify store_root parameter, only bridge_url.
After uploading the bridge, use cart.create method.
For this, press the button “Add store” in your API2Cart admin panel and check the box “Please upload bridge to my store” and provide your FTP credentials.
To check if the Connection Bridge file has been installed correctly enter http://[yourstore url]/bridge2cart/bridge.php within your browser address line. If the bridge file is working correctly, you will see the following message:
Check the current bridge version here.
If not, please set the following permissions:
- 644 or 666 for "bridge.php", depending on your server configuration
- 755 or 777 for "/bridge2cart" folder, depending on your server configuration
Note! We strongly recommend to turn off your website redirects to ensure proper functioning of the Connection Bridge file.
- Product ID
- Brand name of product
- Product Model
- Product SKU
- Universal Product Code
- Time of product creation
- Time of product modification
- Product Name
- Product short description
- Product full description
- Product URL
- Product SEO URL
- Product meta title
- Product related keywords
- Product meta description
- Product available for sale
- Products available for view
- Count of products views
- Count of products ordered
- Product Weight
- Product Quantity
- Product Price
- Price of products sold in large quantities (wholesale)
- Special price of product. ex. Regular price:100 Special Price: 99.99
- Price with discount based on the ordered product quantity
- Product category IDs
- Product Categories
- Product Images
- Product Options